Contact Details Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel:+44 (0) 7778464498
I am a passionate and hard working individual who always aims to complete work in a timely and efficient manner. To contribute in creating awesome, compelling and exciting game experiences that envelop and enthral the people who play them. To be challenged on a daily basis with the freedom to make something fun.
- Lego System Engine, Visual node-based scripting, setting up player cameras and in game cinimatics, overall level gameplay implementation including puzzles and game set pieces. Animating Lego.
- Unreal Engine 3 and 4, In depth level understanding in level design, Environment layout including fast level blocking out, 3d meshes to engine, Unreal kismet scripting, implementing class/level blueprints, Ai and navigation, level set dressing, mission layouts and scripting, animation pipeline set up.
- Unity Engine, High level understanding in environment layout, lighting and rendering.
- Maya/3dsMax, In depth level knowledge in modelling, texturing, lighting and overall understanding of the program.
- Xnormal, in depth knowledge and use of program, low to high workflows.
- Perforce, Trello. Use of debugging and management software, good overall understanding and understanding.
- Console work, PS4/Pro, XB-One/X/S, PS3, Wii U, PC, high in-depth level understanding in debugging and trouble-shooting/analysing and optimisation.
- Creative, and technically minded.
- Hard working, adapt well to busy surroundings.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Always work well to meet tight deadlines.
- Fast learner for new skills and programs.
- Works well individually and in a team.
2011-2012 University of Glamorgan | Animation/Art Masters Degree
2008-2011 Swansea Metropolitan University | Creative Computer Games Design | Bachelors Honours Degree
Firesprite | Level Designer March 2018 - present
Currently working on a PSVR title, the persistence
Travellers Tales | Technical level Designer February 2015 – March 2018
Non disclosed title Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 Lego Dimensions Year 2: Mission Impossible, Fantastic Beasts Lego Marvel Avengers. Worked on varies titles, implementing/scripting and creating the gameplay features for levels including puzzles Ai, player events, level sequences within an open world environment and story-based levels. Working from block out through to final product, making sure gameplay is balanced, making sure it meets towards the designers’ vision and collaborating with other departments to make sure this happens. Setting up and animating player cameras and in game cutscenes.
Wales Interactive | Level Designer January 2013 | October 2013 [fixed term – contract]
Worked on a PC, PS3, Mac, Vita and Wii U title ‘Master Reboot’ in a small team close towards other Artists and Designers. Documenting designs for levels, setting up player camera, puzzle gameplay with Unreal 3’s visual scripting and tools. In addition, implementing character combat, (Sprinting, basic punching attack).
BBC | 3D Character Artist January 2013 | 1 month Worked in a small team on a very tight deadline prototype for the BBC on a disclosed title during time at Wales Interactive. Role consisted in creating the 2 main characters for the game as well as rigging, and animating.
Dojo Arcade | Level Artist August 2011-December 2012 (Fix term - contract) Work on PC title on ‘Soulfinity’. Worked in a strong team of 4 closely with a programmer, an animator and a 3d generalist. Role included Level layout, fast level blocking out, Mesh creation within Maya and hand painted textures within Photoshop.
Rondo Media | Level Artist
August 2012 Worked on a character creation prototype for Rondo Media with Dojo Arcade. Responsible for all the prop assets and main island environment. It was a small project with assets created in Maya, whilst using Unity 3d engine for functionality.